August 13, 2011

Wiener Sängerknaben


Vienna Boys Choir
-Year: 1980s
-Year in film: 1980s
-Country: Austria
-Who in clothing: boys choir, sailor suits
-Who in clothing 2:
-Available on DVD: no*
-I own: yes, partly TV recording
-Clothing occurence: often
-Rating:  7/10
-Rating: *******
-Comment: Boys of the Vienna Boys Choir in blue and white sailor suits (pictured). This is not a single film entry. Left pic is from an old VHS documentary (probably of the early 1980s called "Wiener Sängerknaben", 25 minutes). Right pic is from a broadcasting which I recorded in 2003 or earlier (I think at Christmas), looks like from the 70s but I think this was a church concert in (late) 1980s, but I have to check this. Also some close up views. The documentary also showing life in this choir (including bathroom and swimming scenes, but I don't like this old fashioned film). The choir and music is good, and this is the first choir assoiciated with blue sailor suits. They wear occasionally white suits, I think depends on the concerts, occasion or country. I like this choir, but the boys were of course often replaced throughout the years and centuries.
See also entry "Wenn die Glocken hell erklingen" starring Michael Ande and the Wiener Sängerknaben (sailor suits and Lederhosen).

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is hosted by Google.

According to GDPR/DSGVO you agree to Google's terms and policies https://policies.google.com/

You agree that your IP-address, name and date are saved.
You can comment anonymously and you can ask me for deleting comments.