August 18, 2011

Barry Lyndon


Drama by Stanley Kubrick, 4 Oscars
-Year: 1975
-Year in film: ~1780s
-Country: USA, UK
-Who in clothing: Bryan ~10 ys, breeches
-Who in clothing 2: men, women historical clothing
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: yes DVD
-Clothing occurence: low *
-Rating:  6/10 *
-Rating: ******
-Comment: David Morley (pictured) and others in historical clothing and hats. Not Lederhosen or sailor suits but I like this film. A masterpiece of Kubrick. 4 Oscars. A lot of costumes also many actors in historical army uniforms of the 18th century (1760s-1780s), dresses and hats. Also a spanking scene (I think only of an older boy). Starring Ryan O'Neill, Marisa Berensen, Hardy Krüger and others. Novel by William Makepeace Thackeray. I even considered buying the novel as well. I will watch and check this film again, but I haven't time now to watch this 3 hour movie at slow speed. Clothing occurence and rating is for the boys' scenes only. Complete film and plot is of course better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is hosted by Google.

According to GDPR/DSGVO you agree to Google's terms and policies https://policies.google.com/

You agree that your IP-address, name and date are saved.
You can comment anonymously and you can ask me for deleting comments.