June 9, 2012

Story 38: Exclusive photo #13: Sailor suit boys backside 2


Another exclusive pic. This is a little snippet of a photo postcard. Not sure who cut it out. It had been sent to a female doctor in Bavaria, but I can't hardly identify much more. I know the destination city, but it's nothing of interest. I can't identify the sender only the first 2 letters of a city on the seal. There are some also unidentifyable words, obviously also written by the boys. So it probably was a greeting card. There is a very small remnant of the stamp. All together and because of the old German writing and the hat of the woman I assume the date about 1920. I assume a 10 Rpf stamp, so before the Depression and later, sailor suits were also quite rare.

I  retouched it a bit, it was more faded and colder more blue b&w and had some scratches. Also note the short stockings. And long collars. Very good scene. I hope you like it. I later wonder, who took this photo. Maybe not their dad. Maybe even another older brother? Or a completely unrelated person. And where they were heading to? Or coming from.

Make sure you don't miss my 2 other posts of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is hosted by Google.

According to GDPR/DSGVO you agree to Google's terms and policies https://policies.google.com/

You agree that your IP-address, name and date are saved.
You can comment anonymously and you can ask me for deleting comments.