June 10, 2012

Hook



Adventure film starring Robin Williams
-Year: 1991
-Year in film: 1990s ?
-Country: USA
-Who in clothing: boy Pockets ~8, sailor suit
-Who in clothing 2:
-Available on DVD yes
-I own: yes, partly TV recording
-Clothing occurence: medium ?
-Rating:  3/10
-Rating: ***
-Comment: A fat black boy in a sailor suit (I think it's Isaiah Robinson). Very worn and dirty suit (and that's quite unusual compared to other sailor suit films). Light blue quite long collar, 3 stripes, long red scarf and a sailor's hat with a pom pom. He is also acting as a ball rolling over some pirates (see clip).

I missed the first half of this movie, but I don't like this movie either. Too much fast action. No really good kid actors, at least not in the 2nd half.

Directed by Steven Spielberg, nominated for 5 Oscars, also starring Dustin Hoffman, Julia Roberts, Bob Hoskins, Phil Collins and many more. Based on the famous Peter Pan novel/play by J.M Barrie. I think there are better Peter Pan versions, see also my Peter Pan (1924) entry (rating 5). The 2003 versions is also very famous.

I still have to check the first half, but didn't expect much more there. 144 minutes, rated PG. Peter Pan grew up.

Rating 2-3 for now only, rather 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAdNbreeV80

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is hosted by Google.

According to GDPR/DSGVO you agree to Google's terms and policies https://policies.google.com/

You agree that your IP-address, name and date are saved.
You can comment anonymously and you can ask me for deleting comments.