February 13, 2012

Story 18: Exclusive photos #2: Boy in sailor suit 1924


The 2nd lot of vintage photos I bought. A boy from Gelsenkirchen, Germany in 1924. Looks like it's both the same boy, or maybe (twin) brothers? I like that pose and it's maybe a bit unusual with the legs apart and hands in his pockets for that time.

There's even a name written, most likely the mother, but I can't read it properly. I even have more of him and also a girl (maybe his sister), but the girl was wearing other clothes.

I don't know anything more about them and hope they had a good life. R.I.P.
I also wonder how people can afford making a photograph in those hard times. They can't had been be very poor.

At a close up view on the left pic, someone had retouched the spot between his legs til the floor (not me). I wonder what was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is hosted by Google.

According to GDPR/DSGVO you agree to Google's terms and policies https://policies.google.com/

You agree that your IP-address, name and date are saved.
You can comment anonymously and you can ask me for deleting comments.