February 21, 2012

Story 20: Exclusive photos #3: Boys Hungary sailor suit 1930



Egon & Janko in sailor suits 1930. From Gödöllő, Hungary. Photographer in Budapest. Short white sailor suits. Probably blue collars, 5 stripes, dickeys not shown on the 1st pic.

My 3rd lot of pics I bought. The first had many hits, the 2nd only half of it.

My first foreign kids and 2 brothers. Must be a hard time between the wars. Also shortly after the monarchy Austria-Hungary, so it's possible that they or their parents understood German.
The names are handwritten on the backside and must be a greeting of the 2 from Gödöllő to someone else. Maybe their grandmother or other relative.

Gödöllő was also the summer residence of Sissi.
I hope they had a good life (assuming that they are dead). R.I.P.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is hosted by Google.

According to GDPR/DSGVO you agree to Google's terms and policies https://policies.google.com/

You agree that your IP-address, name and date are saved.
You can comment anonymously and you can ask me for deleting comments.