February 1, 2012

Story 17: Exclusive photo, 1917 boy in sailor suit


 
This is the first vintage photo I bought. A mother, a boy in a dark sailor suit and a little girl. Taken in Minden, Germany in 1917.
Also interesting the backside text of this postcard. The person (mother?) asked if the addressee has received her previous note. There is also written their name, or nickname, but I can't read that properly.

Maybe a sad story of 1917 WWI. Maybe it was written to their dad/husband.
Anyway most likeley they are all dead. R.I.P.

I have also added some few other pics on my PD album. One of good backside of a collar (Nikolaus von Oldenburg) and one with a modern haircut (Romanian Prince Nicolae).






No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is hosted by Google.

According to GDPR/DSGVO you agree to Google's terms and policies https://policies.google.com/

You agree that your IP-address, name and date are saved.
You can comment anonymously and you can ask me for deleting comments.