February 5, 2012

Info 59: Animated stereo photographs

(animated stereo) The beach crowd, 1901. (click for animation)


(animated stereo ) marvelling over the Palm flower bud, 1901.

I found some stereo cards on the web, printed one of them but can't see it in stereo as I don't have a viewer (obviously need 2 lenses). So I searched and found these and other animations (combining images for left and right eye).
Very interesting historical clothing in 3D. Maybe it's even possible to convert a regular 2D into 3D image.

Taken from flickr CC-BY-NC-SA. Made (converted into animation) by Thiophene Guy. Some more at (but these 2 are the best with kids)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7726011@N07/

There are also some funny horror flip pics (German: Wackelbilder) with a lenticular screen foil. They turn mostly Edwardian people into zombies or vampires or else scary and funny pics. They are probably copyrighted and I don't want to advertise these. Maybe I create one of my own later.
I did this animated pic of Prince Henry of Wales in 1910 (born 1900?) and Prince Wilhelm of Prussia (*1906).

Hope they work for you (click on the pic). Otherwise save them and view them with a (different) image viewing software.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is hosted by Google.

According to GDPR/DSGVO you agree to Google's terms and policies https://policies.google.com/

You agree that your IP-address, name and date are saved.
You can comment anonymously and you can ask me for deleting comments.