May 26, 2012

The Clue of the Missing Ape



B&w CFTF family film
-Year: 1953
-Year in film: 1940s ?
-Country: UK
-Who in clothing: Jimmy ~11 yo, sailor suit
-Who in clothing 2:
-Available on DVD: yes ?
-I own: no
-Clothing occurrence: medium ??
-Rating:  7/10 ?
-Rating: *******
-Comment: At least one sailor boy (Roy Savage) ~ 11 ys in a good long dark sailor suit, medium length collar flap and a sailor's hat (pictured).

Looks like a very good family film (like all the others British movies, see also the list on my overalls blog List 14: British CFF/CFTF movies. More movies on both blogs to come.

Sadly I don't know this complete movie, just the offical YouTube trailer of the first 6 minutes. Not sure if this is available on DVD, but I think so, because of the trailer. One might have bought the rights and sell it, maybe on DVD-r. Film aka "Apes on the Rock" and "Gibraltar Adventure", 58 minutes. TCM says release in 1962, but I think this is wrong. Reminds a bit of "Lord Jeff" (rating 10), but obviously fewer kid sailors and shorter collars.

I have to check this again, but I think I like it.

Rating 7 for now. Which means I would buy it. I don't embed clips from official companies.

Update: Now confirmed his name. The setting is obviously not in the 1950s but set in Gibraltar in WWII. 1st prize at Venice Film Festival 1954. (So can't be in 1962 either)

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is hosted by Google.

According to GDPR/DSGVO you agree to Google's terms and policies https://policies.google.com/

You agree that your IP-address, name and date are saved.
You can comment anonymously and you can ask me for deleting comments.