May 30, 2012

Story 37: Exclusive photo #12 named sailor suit boys 1925 D-NL-US-D



And another exclusive pic. This one even has a story and a long journey. And even names and date. I bought this from a salesman in the US and thought that the kids were Americans. It also might look as if they are two different pics, but it's just one.

The kids are called Benno, Oskar, Guido and Hedwig, so most likely Germans. I also have the last name, but no need for writing this. The pic was made on Xmas 1925 in The Hague (written like that in English). And I find the name of the girl on a ship list to Detroit. So I assume that they had emigrated to Michigan where I also bought this pic from. And now the pic is back in Germany. I can't confirm the emigration for sure, it also might be a trip and maybe there are still relatives living. I always wonder why people sell their photos. I also can't say the exact date of emigration as this list is not free on the web. I also can only speculate why they were in The Hague or if they had been living there.

However a very good pic and in  a very good condition. The next exclusive pic is even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is hosted by Google.

According to GDPR/DSGVO you agree to Google's terms and policies https://policies.google.com/

You agree that your IP-address, name and date are saved.
You can comment anonymously and you can ask me for deleting comments.