May 10, 2012

Story 34: Exclusive photo #10 Hamburg school class. 1910s ?


My first big class photo. I like it very much showing different sailor suits. And it even wasn't expensive like most others I considered buying.

It was taken in Hamburg, Germany. Sadly I don't know in what year. I assume because of the clothing, the teacher and the shiny, partly fading silver layer that it was maybe created in the 1910s or maybe 1920s.

Interesting faces and some are even smiling. The 2 on the right with the matching sailor suits might be brothers and doesn't look poor. The boy next to him with the suspenders also looks similar. The boy on the far left seems to have different big ears. Not all wearing sailor suits, I thought of more in Hamburg. Photographer: H.N. Wendt & Sohn, Hamburger Str. 64.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is hosted by Google.

According to GDPR/DSGVO you agree to Google's terms and policies https://policies.google.com/

You agree that your IP-address, name and date are saved.
You can comment anonymously and you can ask me for deleting comments.