May 22, 2012

On the Town (1949)



Musical film starring Frank Sinatra. 1 Oscar
-Year: 1949
-Year in film: 1940s
-Country: USA
-Who in clothing: men sailor suits
-Who in clothing 2:
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Clothing occurence: medium ?
-Rating: 3/10 ?
-Rating: ***
-Comment: At least Frank Sinatra, Gene Kelly, Jules Munshin and other sailors in white long sailor suits. Long and completely white collar flaps, white sailors hats and dark blue scarves. Collars are flying up in the wind (pictured).

I don't remember this complete film but this scene looks quite good and I also have to add this here. Looks also quite gay.

I have to check this film completely, maybe there are also other actors in interesting clothes as well. Co-directed by Gene Kelly, music by Leonard Bernstein and Roger Edens.

I hope for a soon TV broadcasting.

Rating 3 for now. Grown up sailors are nothing special in movies, though I like long white collars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7CIgWZTdgw

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is hosted by Google.

According to GDPR/DSGVO you agree to Google's terms and policies https://policies.google.com/

You agree that your IP-address, name and date are saved.
You can comment anonymously and you can ask me for deleting comments.