May 24, 2012

Mahler



Biography of composer Mahler. BAFTA Award
-Year: 1974
-Year in film: 1890s, 1900s
-Country: UK
-Who in clothing: boy, sailor suit
-Who in clothing 2: men Lederhosen, hist. clothing
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Clothing occurence: very low ?
-Rating: 4/10 ?
-Rating: ****
-Comment: At least this blond boy with curly hair in a good white sailor suit, light blue collar and a straw hat at the beginning of the movie. I don't know his name, maybe a supporting actor. I also noticed some men in Lederhosen and Tyrolean hats dancing, see trailer (probably not Schuhplattler). Maybe also boys in Lederhosen? Also of course grown-ups in historical clothing.

I don't know/don't remember this movie and have to check it more carefully. I don't had the time yet to watch it completly.

Directed by Ken Russell (1927-2011, "Tommy") and starring Robert Powell as Gustav Mahler and Gary Rich as young Mahler. I assume rather few good scenes. I think I won't like this movie, though this scene looks quite good. I think many flashbacks.

Rating 3-4 for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GC6KnOoPJA

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is hosted by Google.

According to GDPR/DSGVO you agree to Google's terms and policies https://policies.google.com/

You agree that your IP-address, name and date are saved.
You can comment anonymously and you can ask me for deleting comments.