October 6, 2011

I Remember Mama (1948)


Drama starring Barbara Bel Geddes, nominated for 5 Oscars
-Year: 1948
-Year in film: ~1910   
-Country: USA
-Who in clothing: Katrin ~26 ys ?, sailor dress
-Who in clothing 2:
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Clothing occurence: low ? 
-Rating:  2/10    
-Rating: **
-Comment: At least one young woman in a blue sailor dress, I'm not sure but think this must be Barbara Bel Geddes (pictured). Originally I saw a publicity still with a woman in white sailor dress, but this must be from the TV series "I Remember Mama (1949), original titled Mama (1949-1957) and I noticed it too late. I don't had the time to watch this complete film but I only found few sailor suit scenes at the end. I think it's not into Public Domain. Film and plot might be interesting about a Norwegian immigrant family. Based on the play by John van Druten; novel by Kathryn Forbes. Also starring Ellen Corby (The Waltons) and Irene Dunne.

Some episodes of the TV series are on archive.org and I have to check them as well. Probably they are much better. More kids and also men in bib overalls. Though I haven't found any of the boys in sailor suits yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is hosted by Google.

According to GDPR/DSGVO you agree to Google's terms and policies https://policies.google.com/

You agree that your IP-address, name and date are saved.
You can comment anonymously and you can ask me for deleting comments.