January 31, 2012

The Inventors' Specials / composers' / artists'



Biography / educational, 19 DVDs
-Year: 1990s
-Year in film: 15 - 20th century
-Country: Canada
-Who in clothing: boys, sailor suit, girls ?
-Who in clothing 2: historical clothing
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Clothing occurence: low *
-Rating:  7/10 ?  
-Rating: *******
-Comment: This is a combined entry of the 3 DVD box sets by Devine Entertainment.

I don't know these movies completely (each ~60 minutes), but many boys in historical clothing, partly in sailor suits. Very interesting, especially the clothing.

For now I have only found 2 or 3 movies with sailor suits. The best is maybe the Emmy Awarded "Edison: The Wizard of Light" with a young boy ~7 ys in a white sailor suit, white collar, 2 stripes (sorry, no pic yet and not in the trailer only Michal Suchánek with suspenders and an apron).
Also a boy with a collar in "Bizet's Dream" (bottom picture) and maybe some kids or girls with sailor dresses in that and/or in "Marie Curie: More than Meets the Eye"
Not sure about the amount of scenes, but I assume rather few (good) scenes, though interesting.

Top pic showing "Handel's Last Chance" (composer Händel). Also interesting the very old clothing and hat in "Leonardo: A Dream of Flight" about Da Vinci.

Also starring 11 or 12 yo Tyrone Savage (Wind At My Back, see my other blog) in "Newton: A Tale of Two Isaacs".

I have to check all of them again, but I probably won't buy them. The age range of most boys is maybe 6-12 ys, but the boy in Edison is very young and few scenes.

Rating 6-7 for now. Maybe I will make separate entries later.
Trailers available on several sites (from the movie company).

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is hosted by Google.

According to GDPR/DSGVO you agree to Google's terms and policies https://policies.google.com/

You agree that your IP-address, name and date are saved.
You can comment anonymously and you can ask me for deleting comments.