August 11, 2012

Story 49: Exclusive photo#20 French communion boy



My first communion pic. A white collar but no real stripes than usual sailor collars. But quite interesting. Also note the white ribbon. Reminds me of the movie "Das weiße Band"(rating 3). The boy is handsome (unlike most other similar communion boys) and is freckled. But much better communion pics coming soon. Also with striped collars and even much more handsome. I think less than half of the French communion boys these days wore real sailor collars. And most pics I wouldn't buy.

Photographer L. Morvan in Toul. I first thought that it's Toulose, but there is also a city called Toulon and Toul. The name of the boy was obviously Jean Babel (written on verso of this real photo postcard). Can't say the exact date. 1900s or 1910s.

My last exclusive pic one week ago almost had 500 hits yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is hosted by Google.

According to GDPR/DSGVO you agree to Google's terms and policies https://policies.google.com/

You agree that your IP-address, name and date are saved.
You can comment anonymously and you can ask me for deleting comments.