September 16, 2012

Story 55: Exclusive photo #24 sailor suit boy Hanover



This small CDV showing a handsome boy maybe about 9 or 10 yo from Hanover. Uncommon horizontal and vertical striped and long collar. Piercing light blue or green eyes (maybe matching the collar), short hair. I think this would be perfect to colorize.

There were some more other pics of him (which I didn't bought). Also showing him completely, wearing short, I think different (blue and black) pants and long black stockings and black shoes. In some pics he was wearing a matching dickey. Also holding a dark sailor's hat (looks like a school cap) in his hands. I wonder why he was changing so often his clothes and what pics are for what purpose. With dickey for granddad? The other pics have a different photographer's text style but this could also be a later reorder. I choose this pic, as it best showing the length of the collar. Sadly I don't know his name nor the date. Maybe 1920s, 1910s or even earlier. Photographer Carl Thies, Hannover.

Coming next 2 very good school class pics with nearly everybody in sailor suits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is hosted by Google.

According to GDPR/DSGVO you agree to Google's terms and policies https://policies.google.com/

You agree that your IP-address, name and date are saved.
You can comment anonymously and you can ask me for deleting comments.