November 2, 2012

The Turn of the Screw (2009)



BBC TV drama starring Michelle Dockery
-Year: 2009
-Year in film: 1920s
-Country: UK
-Who in clothing: Miles ~9, hist. clothing
-Who in clothing 2: others clothing
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Clothing occurence: often *
-Rating:  4/10 ?
-Rating: ****
-Comment: Joseph Lindsay (pictured) in interesting historical clothing including different hats. I don't know of any sailor suit scenes, though white shirt and a black tie. Michelle Dockery wears a blouse or similar with a beige sailor like collar.

As announced also this BBC version. I also don't know it completely. See also my previous entry (with boy and girl in sailor suits, rating 4 as well)

/2012/10/29/the-turn-of-the-screw-1992/

Unlike the 1992 version this is not set in the 1960s but in the 1920s and looks much better. Though the same famous ghost story by Henry James. For more info see the other entry.  I hope for a soon broadcasting as I only checked it briefly on YouTube.

Rating 4 for now (as no sailor suits).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuRkT897cX4

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is hosted by Google.

According to GDPR/DSGVO you agree to Google's terms and policies https://policies.google.com/

You agree that your IP-address, name and date are saved.
You can comment anonymously and you can ask me for deleting comments.