May 1, 2020

Info 82: Import to 1st blog

After reading that duplicate posts/blogs aren't allowed, I will import everything to the 1st blogs starting with this blog at 12h MEZ.

I will 1st use the new blogspot export and carefully import without posting simultaneously. Then, I will test publishing some posts. I haven't done this before and don't know what happens to posts with titles already existing and the pics. After all, the early posts were exported to Wordpress. Some I had modified, updated, added tags and exchanged pics. This 1st step has few risks, but when I directly import the original backups there might be some problems

-duplicate posts
-internal links are defunct, at least of new posts
-most pics of new posts missing
-old posts might be overwritten, existing pics deleted (exchanged with wrong links)
-comments and stats might be deleted or duplicated

-layout and settings might change
-commenting and other functions like blog search might not work for some days.

Sooner or later I have to try this. I don't have that many posts here and pics are tiny. In 10 years of blogging I have on both blogs ~5000 posts and ~10,000 pics. I won't re-upload all pics and fixing all links manually. Rating 10-8 or 7 is possible.

Update: Import worked. There's always just one new export file. Wordpress had 4 for this blog. I could import 256 files. 99 were doubles, so I imported the new files (all new 41 from 2013 and some from 2012, Oct, Sept), so now 565 instead of 408 here. Some pics like the exclusive pics from Picasa/Google Photos still work.
Tomorrow I will retry the same file and hope for more other imports. Maybe it was too early for publishing and there will be the same 256 posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is hosted by Google.

According to GDPR/DSGVO you agree to Google's terms and policies https://policies.google.com/

You agree that your IP-address, name and date are saved.
You can comment anonymously and you can ask me for deleting comments.