June 14, 2015

Story 96: sailor collar rectangled at front and accessories

loewengrube-1900s2loewengrube-1918

I have more carefully rechecked the beginning of the series Löwengrube (another update including Lederhosen coming soon).

Pic 1 showing a boy I think set around the 1900s (YouTube: D1 4). He wears a short sailor suit, white blouse and blue pants and a dark blue usual sailor collar. I think It's the same boy as in my recent update, there rear view, full body.

He also wears a white shirt or dickey with a usual (non-sailor) collar but a dark blue or black additional neckwear accessory underneath looking like a moustache. I don't know how this is called. A band or part of a necktie or almost a bow tie. Maybe a collar stay? I have to recheck name and function. I haven't seen that before (in combination with a sailor collar).

He also put on a napkin and he later wears a backpack over the collar (same episode).

Pic 2 showing a teen girl with a sailor collar, squared at front (looking the same as the rear flap). YouTube D2 1, I think in the early 1930s. I have seen these kind of sailor collars before. But quite rare and I think mostly worn by young women. Here we have one thinner and one thicker stripe.

Main entry (Lederhosen and sailor suit, rating 9)

/2013/04/14/lowengrube/

One boy in a collar squared at front is in Buddenbrooks (1959)

Maybe I have to add squared collars to my collar list including unusual collars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is hosted by Google.

According to GDPR/DSGVO you agree to Google's terms and policies https://policies.google.com/

You agree that your IP-address, name and date are saved.
You can comment anonymously and you can ask me for deleting comments.