March 3, 2024

Almost Angels (1962)

 

Disney film. Vienna Choir Boys
Year: 1962
Year in film: 1960s  
Country: USA
Who in clothing: boys ~10-12 sailor suits
Who in clothing 2: Lederhosen ?
Available on DVD: yes 
I own: no
Clothing occurrence: medium- ?    
Rating:  7/10 ?   
Rating: *******
Comment: Members of the Vienna Boys Choir (Wiener Sängerknaben) of the 60s and Britain Vincent Winter as Tony and Australian Sean Scully in both black and white sailor suits. Sometimes also with black caps. Also in other clothes like pajamas and casual clothes I think including jeans.

As announced for an unknown reason I missed this. I heard of this movie before and maybe watched it many years ago. I haven't seen it recently completely. I also mentioned the German title in an 16mm post.

German title: Ein Gruß aus Wien. Disney-Land s11e20+21. Starring Peter Weck.

For some more movies and documentaries about this choir (in both Lederhosen and sailor suits) check tag choir.

Nice, typical blue collars and white stripes. (Nowadays the collars are lighter blue and the stripes thinner, as shown in Silk Road).

Rating ~(6)-7 for now. I have to recheck it for amount of scenes and if Lederhosen (I don't think so).

Update: Also Lederhosen or shorts with H-style suspenders but probably very briefly. Rather rating ~6.

https://sailorsuitsandlederhosenfilmblog.blogspot.com/2024/03/update-almost-angels-1962-lederhosen.html



No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is hosted by Google.

According to GDPR/DSGVO you agree to Google's terms and policies https://policies.google.com/

You agree that your IP-address, name and date are saved.
You can comment anonymously and you can ask me for deleting comments.