September 19, 2014

Story 92: Folded or ironed sailor collars

menofhonor4

Most sailor collars are plain and ironed, also most of real sailor men I've seen.

Recently "Men of Honor" (2000, pictured) starring Robert De Niro had been aired. One sailor wearing a white suit and a white collar (without stripes) which had been folded 4 times.

I wonder why it hadn't been ironed like the rest of the suit. Maybe due to space limitations on a ship? I have to verify that. Most (movies with) young boys I've seen wearing sailor suits and ironed collars.

But I think I have seen som few boys with folded collars as well (but I think on a ship too, maybe a high rated Soviet movie). I also have seen a collar, folded in the middle.

I prefer ironed collars or at least long collar flaps. I have to recheck some movies and my caps (which or on a different HD).

The movie also showing a boy in bib overalls (even underwater), rating 3 (story 78 entry) on my other blog.

Another story entry involving boys and sailor collars coming soon.

Update: Pic below is from Sekretnyy farvater (rating 10) with a collar folded in the middle.

Multipe times folded collar in Nahimovcy (1976), rating 6.

sekretnyy-farvater2

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is hosted by Google.

According to GDPR/DSGVO you agree to Google's terms and policies https://policies.google.com/

You agree that your IP-address, name and date are saved.
You can comment anonymously and you can ask me for deleting comments.